Thursday 2 September 2010

Weekender

With the football season well and truly underway I thought it was high time to get another couple of Italian games under my belt. Using military precision the SAS could only dream about, I settled on the 20/21 November. With flights from Bristol to Milan curtailed, I opted to fly from Gatwick to Milan Malpensa at a cost of £46 return. Not bad at all and after checking Expedia, I managed to get a 4* hotel near the San Siro and excellent Four Four Two Bar for £27 (based on 2 sharing). Total cost of trip: £73.

Having been to Italy numerous times in the past, I am always amazed when talking to football types that they had not thought of going themselves. Using a combination of Easyjet and Expedia (as well as a good dose of voodoo and guesswork!) a football weekend away can cost under £75.

Having been to the San Siro a number of times on past trips, I have decided to spread my wings and visit Atalanta and Brescia this time, however if the fixtures are kind I might just be able to squeeze in the AC Milan v Fiorentina game as well.

Top: Stadio Atleti Azzurri d'Italia (Atalanta)
Bottom: Stadio Mario Rigamonti (Brescia

No comments:

Post a Comment